Sri Chinmoy 7.5 km & Kids 2.5 km Cross Country
A fun cross-country course involving mixed terrain and obstacles.
About the event
Gallop through the A&P Showgrounds in this classic winter cross-country event!
- 7.5 km (ages 13 +)
- Kids 2.5 km (ages under 13)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.5 km race at no extra charge.
- Due to the difficulty of this course, children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Please contact the race team if you are unable to find someone to accompany your child.
- The registration area and start/finish line is in the Canterbury A.P. Showgrounds, Christchurch. Enter the showgrounds through the main gates off Curletts Road and follow the arrows and cones to the registration area. Click here for a map of the registration area location.
- The course is a 2.5 km loop on mixed terrain including grass, boardwalk, and a water obstacle. 2.5 km entrants will complete the course once and 7.5 km entrants three times.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horleys Replace electrolyte drink.
- Please note that due to the off-road nature of this course, all distances are approximate.
- We recommend bringing a change of warm clothes and shoes, as you will get wet crossing the water obstacle.
- 08:15 - Registration and race number collection opens
- 08:55 - Race briefing at the start line
- 09:00 - All races start
- 09:30 - Kids race prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 10:30 - 7.5 km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 11:00 - All races cut off
|Kids 2.5 km (ages under 13*)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|7.5 km (ages 13 +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
*Please note that children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, community services card, or aged 65+.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30 am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...