Sri Chinmoy Sumner 10km, 5km & Kids 2.5km
A fun family-friendly event held four times a year.
About the event
Safe, well organised run or walk along the scenic coastline - Scroll for EVENT DETAILS ...
- Location: Registration area is at the far end of Sumner Esplanade by the clock tower.
- Course: a flat accurate 2.5km out-and-back along the lovely oceanside esplanade.
- Event Options: 10km (14yrs+), 5km (12yrs+), 2.5km (12yrs and under)
- Parking is available along the Esplanade road.
- Registration opens at 8:15am.
- A Race briefing will be held at the start line at 8:55am.
- The cut-off time for all races is 11:00am.
|Event||Under 20 or
|Kids 2.5km (U13)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|5km (12 years+)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
|10km (14 years+)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
- Online entries --- Open until midnight the Friday before event date ---
- On the day entries are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All races are open. Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- A post-race breakfast provided by The Lotus-Heart Restaurant (link is external) is available from 9:30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $7.
- Results, photos and a race report will be posted online after the event.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre. Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...