Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade 10km, 5km & Kids 2.5km
A fun, family-friendly event run along the refreshing oceanside Esplanade.
About the event
Join us for a friendly, safe and well organised run or walk along the scenic Sumner coastline. We welcome participants of all ages and abilities.
- 10km (ages 14 and over)
- 5km (ages 12 and over)
- Kids 2.5km (ages 12 and under)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.5km race at no extra charge.
- The registration area and start/finish line is at the Sumner Scarborough Clock Tower, 147 Esplanade, Sumner, Christchurch.
- Parking is available along the Esplanade.
- The course is a flat 2.5km out-and-back loop on the Esplanade walkway. 2.5km entrants will complete the course once, 5km entrants twice and 10km entrants four times.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- Strollers are permitted.
- Please be aware that the Esplanade will be open to the public during the event.
- 8:15am - registration and race number collection opens
- 8:55am - race briefing at the start line
- 9:00am - all races start
- 9:30am - kids race prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 10:30am - 10km and 5km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 11:00am - all races cut off
|Kids 2.5km (under 12)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current Student ID, Community Services Card, or aged 60+.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...