Sri Chinmoy 100k, 50-Mile & 50k Ultra Trio
2017 Athletics New Zealand 100km Road Championships
About the event
Entries Opening Shortly ...
The 100km race incorporates the Athletics New Zealand (link is external) National 100km Championships. To be considered for Athletics New Zealand Championship titles, athletes must be registered through an affiliated athletics club in New Zealand.
Location: Hagley Park North
- All events are run on a IAAF/ AIMS certified 2km asphalt loop.
- The loop course was chosen for this event specifically to provide the best possible care, support and encouragement to runners.
- Personal lap counters
- Hourly scoreboard updates
- Nutritious snacks and drinks available throughout the race
- Delicious post-race meal
- 100km Individuals, 100km Teams, 50km & 50 mile (80.467km)
- Teams will be made up for four people each completing 25km.
- Runners may make up their 25km distance in one or more shifts, but each runner must be on the course for a minimum of one hour before changing over.
- 6:15am - Registration opens to collect race numbers
- 6:45am - Race Briefing
- 7.00am - 100km, 50 mile and 50km starts
- 7:00pm - All races cut off
- 7:30pm - Prizegiving
- 8:00pm - Post-race Dinner
- The post-race dinner provided by The Lotus-Heart Restaurant (link is external) will be held in the event village at 7:30pm. The meal is complimentary for all participants.
- Supporters are welcome to purchase dinner and dessert for $10 - please let us know by 10am on race day if you would like to take this option.
|Event||Under 20 or
|50km (18 years+)||$40||$50||$40|
|50 mile (18 years+)||$70||$80||$70|
|100km (18 years+)||$70||$80||$70|
|100km Teams (17 years+)||$25pp||$25pp||$25pp|
- Online entries close at 9.00pm on Wednesday 03 May 2017 Please note that on-the-day entries are not accepted due to the preparation required for this event.
- All races are open. Trophies and prizes are awarded to placegetters, and all participants recieve a certificate.
- There will also be a spot prize draw.
Results and Photos
- Results, photos and a race report will be posted online after the event.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
2016 May 1stSri Chinmoy 100k 50-Mile & 50k Ultra Trio (Athletics N.Z 100k National Championships) - Results
Sri Chinmoy 100k 50-Mile & 50k Ultra Trio (Athletics N.Z 100k National Championships) - ResultsSunday, 1 May, 2016
Scroll For Full Results
Phil Costley 7.31.37 (Nelson) and Dawn Tuffery 8.47.33 (Hamilton) won the Sri Chinmoy 100k Races (Athletics New Zealand 100k National Championships) held in Hagley Park, Christchurch on Sunday.
In calm, fine weather conditions Phil, the holder of 30 plus national tiles achieved over an illustrious 25 year athletics career, and running his unaugural 100k race, showed his exceptional talent, resolve, good humor and professionalism as he steadily pulled away from a determined runner-up, Aussie Key Bretz 8.19.59 (Melbourne), for a comfortable victory .
Dawn Tuffery had a great battle with early leader/ runner-up Shannon-Leigh Litt 8.54.07 (Tauranga/ Christchurch). Shannon started very strongly, but was gradually overtaken by Dawn, who latter in turn found herself clinging to a diminishing lead as the irrepressible Shannon pushed back and strove towards the finish line.
David O'Sullivan 7.25.51 (Wanaka) won the Sri Chinmoy 50-Mile Race from Logan Austin 8.42.25 (Christchurch).
Matthew Stewart 3.35.45 (Auckland) and Tracy Benjamin 4.56.53 (Auckland) won the Sri Chinmoy 50k Races.
The 'Weekend Warriors' 7.25.51 (Christchurch) won the Sri Chinmoy 100k 4-person Teams Race (in a repeat of their 2015 victory) from the 'Octopeds' 8.19.59 (Christchurch) and the "Trailblazers No.1' Team 9.05.12 (Christchurch).
Sri Chinmoy 100-km Race
Place Open Men Age City Time Place Open Women Age City Time 1 Phil Costley 46 Nelson 7.31.37 1 Dawn Tuffery 33 Hamilton 8.47.33 2 Kay Bretz 37 Melbourne AUS 8.19.59 2 Shannon-Leigh Litt 37 Tauranga 8.54.07 3 Andrew Glennie 37 Dunedin 10.30.28 3 Paulette Birchfield 45 Greymouth 11.48.15 4 Alan Aitchison 42 Christchurch 11.43.09
Sri Chinmoy 100-km Teams
1 Weekend Warriors Christchurch 7.27.40 2 Octopeds Christchurch 8.19.59. 3 Trailblazers 1 Christchurch 9.05.12 4 She's The Boss Christchurch 9.08.45 5 Trailblazers 2 Christchurch 9.17.37 6 Shannon's Little Helpers Christchurch 9.29.06 7 Trailblazers 3 Christchurch 9.57.49 8 The Olivers Christchurch 10.07.42
Sri Chinmoy 50-Mile Race
Place Open Men Age City Time 1 David O'Sullivan 37 Wanaka 7.25.51. 2 Logan Austin 34 Christchurch 8.42.25 3 Paul Sherlock 60 Arlington USA 10.50.50
Sri Chinmoy 50-km Race
Place Open Men Age City Time Place Open Women Age City Time 1 Matthew Stewart 43 Auckland 3.35.45 1 Tracy Benjamin 42 Auckland 4.56.53 2 Allan Staite 40 Christchurch 3.45.14 Emma Stewart 37 Auckland 2.14.05 (26k) 3 Geoff Gilfedder 45 Christchurch 4.13.59 4 Mark Rigby 50 Christchurch 4.33.58 5 Modecai Nkhwazi 23 Christchurch 4.55.58 6 Richard Young 56 Christchurch 5.02.19 7 Mark Ingram 47 Christchurch 5.11.59 8 Michael Passant 41 Christchurch 5.35.35 9 Barry McDonald 36 Christchurch 5.54.38 10 Paul Knight 57 Blenheim 6.06.10 11 Raymond Lucas 67 Christchurch 7.30.44
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...