Sri Chinmoy 100 km Races
2017 Athletics New Zealand 100km Road Championships
About the event
Three great events: 100 km (individuals), 100 km (Teams) & 50 km Race (Individuals).
The 100km Race is an IAU Bronze Label event ... and incorporates the Athletics New Zealand National 100km Championships.
To be considered for Athletics New Zealand Championship titles, athletes must be registered through an affiliated athletics club in New Zealand.
Location: Hagley Park North
- All events are run on a IAAF/ AIMS certified 2.5 km asphalt loop.
- The loop course was chosen for this event specifically to provide the best possible care, support and encouragement to runners.
- Personal lap counters
- Hourly scoreboard updates
- Nutritious snacks and drinks available throughout the race
- Delicious post-race meal
- 100 km Individuals
- 100 km teams
- 50 km Individuals
- Teams will be made up for four people each completing 25km.
- Runners may make up their distance in one or more shifts, but each runner must be on the course for a minimum of one hour before changing over.
- 6:15am - Registration opens to collect race numbers
- 6:45am - Race Briefing
- 7.00am - Start: 100km, 100km Teams' and 50km races.
- 7:00pm - All races cut off
- 7:00pm - Prizegiving
- 7:30pm - Post-race Dinner
- The post-race dinner provided by The Lotus-Heart Restaurant (link is external) will be held in the event village at 7:30pm. The meal is complimentary for all participants.
- Supporters are welcome to purchase dinner and dessert for $10 - please let us know by 10am on race day if you would like to take this option.
|Event||Under 20||Adults (20-59) Seniors (||60+)|
|50km (18 years+)||$40||$50||$40|
|100km (18 years+)||$70||$80||$70|
|100km Teams* (17 years+)||$100||$100||$100|
*team entries must be four people and may be same-gender or mixed.
- Online entries close at midnight on Wednesday 03 May 2017 Please note that on-the-day entries are not accepted due to the preparation required for this event.
- All races are open. Trophies and prizes are awarded to placegetters, and all participants receive finisher certificates.
Results and Photos
- Results, photos and a race report will be posted online after the event.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
2017 May 7thSri Chinmoy 100 km/ 50 km Races ... Athletics New Zealand 100 km National Championships ... Results
Sri Chinmoy 100 km/ 50 km Races ... Athletics New Zealand 100 km National Championships ... ResultsSunday, 7 May, 2017
Katrin Gottschalk, 8.34.03 (YMCA Marathon Club, Auckland) and David O'Sullivan 9.47.44, (Aspiring Athletics, Wanaka) won the 12th Annual Sri Chinmoy 100 km Races (Athletics New Zealand 100 km National Championships) held in North Hagley Park, Christchurch on Sunday.
The 2017 road champs were held in cool, overcast, near-perfect running conditions (9-13C). Katrin, maintained excellent form and composure throughout and produced one of the fastest women's 100 km times run in New Zealand since the dawn of new Millennium ... gradually easing away from challengers Larissa Tuchin, 8.54.27 (Sydney Striders, AUS), who ran an outstanding 20 minute personal best, and 2016 runner-up Shannon-Leigh Litt, 9.27.13 (New Brighton Olympic and Athletic, Christchurch).
2017 men's 100 km champ. David O'Sullivan ran a controlled, steady race ... achieving a comfortable victory over jamie Hawker, 10.54.01 (Port Hill Athletic, Christchurch) and Logan Austin, 12.07.08 Christchurch).
In the Sri Chinmoy 50 km Races men's winner Steve Darby, 3.36.38 (Christchurch Marathon Clinic), and women's victor Hannah Oldroyd, 3.36.38 (Christchurch Marathon Clinic), paced each other, always looked strong, and crossed the the finish line together. Steve was followed by Robert Loveridge, 3.46.10 (Christchurch Marathon Clinic) and Geoff Gilfedder, 3.55.37 ... while Dee Richards, 4.43.26 was the women's 50 km runner up followed by Louise Vargaya, 6.28.28.
'The Weekend Warriors' 7.11.14 (Christchurch) won the Sri Chinmoy 100k 4-person Teams Race (adding to their 2015-16 victories) followed by 'The Endurance Athlete - I Can Fly' 8.15.02 (Christchurch) and the 'She's The Boss Still! Team' 8.45.42 (Christchurch).
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...