Sri Chinmoy "Self-Transcendence' Christmas Dash - 10 km & Kids 3.2 km
Hagley Park South Christchurch
Join speedy Santa and his aid station elves at this fun and family-friendly seasonal event.
- The registration area and finish line is in South Hagley Park on Deans Ave, opposite Freyberg Ave.
- The course is 3 laps of South Hagley Park for the 10 km race and 1 lap for the Kids 3.2 km race.
- The start and finish line for the 10 km race is at the registration area. Kids start slightly forward.
- The closest public toilets to the registration area are south of the registration area by the rugby fields.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horleys Replace electrolyte drink.
- Please be aware that the park will be open to the public during the event.
- 10 km (ages 13 and over)
- Kids 3.2 km (ages under 13)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 3.2 km race at no extra charge.
- 08:15 - Registration and race number collection opens.
- 08:50 - 10 km participants walk 400 m to the start line. Kids stay at the registration area.
- 08:55 - 10 km race briefing at the start line.
- 08:55 - Kids race briefing and warm up with Santa at the kids start line.
- 09:00 - All races start.
- 09:30 - Kids prizegiving with Santa (held when all participants have finished).
- 10:30 - 10 km prizegiving.
- 11:00 - Cut off.
|Event||Youth||Adult||Concession||On the day entry (cash only)|
|Kids 3.2 km (U13)||$15||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|10 km (13 years +)||$20||$25||$20||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, Community Services Card, or aged 65+.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30 am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.