Sri Chinmoy 10km Christmas Dash & Kid's 3.2km
Join speedy Santa and his aid station elves at this fun and family-friendly seasonal event.
- The registration area and finish line is in South Hagley Park on Deans Ave, opposite Freyberg Ave.
- The start line for the 10km race is 400m back from the finish line. Participants will be directed to the start line from the registration area.
- The start and finish line for the Kids 3.2km race is in the same area as registration.
- The closest public toilets to the registration area are south of the registration area by the rugby fields, or alternatively cross Riccarton Ave into North Hagley Park for toilets closer to the 10km start line.
- The course is a 3.2km loop using the perimeter path of South Hagley Park.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- Please be aware that the park will be open to the public during the event.
- 10km (ages 14 and over)
- Kids 3.2km (ages 13 and under)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.5km race at no extra charge.
- 8:15am - registration and race number collection opens
- 8:50am - participants walk to the start line
- 8:55am - race briefing at the start line
- 9:00am - All races start
- 9:30am - kids race prizegiving with Santa (time is approximate)
- 10:30am - 10km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 11:00am - all races cut off
|Kids 3.2km (U14)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|10km (14 years+)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current Student ID, Community Services Card, or aged 60+.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...