Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash - 10 km & Kids 3.2 km
Join speedy Santa and his aid station elves at this fun and family-friendly seasonal event.
- The registration area and finish line is in South Hagley Park on Deans Ave, opposite Freyberg Ave.
- The start line for the 10 km race is 400 m back from the finish line. Participants will be directed to the start line from the registration area.
- The start and finish line for the Kids 3.2 km race is in the same area as registration.
- The closest public toilets to the registration area are south of the registration area by the rugby fields, or alternatively cross Riccarton Ave into North Hagley Park for toilets closer to the 10 km start line.
- The course is a 3.2 km loop in South Hagley Park.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horleys Replace electrolyte drink.
- Please be aware that the park will be open to the public during the event.
- 10 km (ages 13 and over)
- Kids 3.2 km (ages under 13)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 3.2 km race at no extra charge.
- 08:15 - Registration and race number collection opens.
- 08:50 - 10 km participants walk 400 m to the start line. Kids stay at the registration area.
- 08:55 - 10 km race briefing at the start line.
- 08:55 - Kids race briefing and warm up with Santa at the kids start line.
- 09:00 - All races start.
- 09:30 - Kids prizegiving with Santa (held when all participants have finished).
- 10:30 - 10 km prizegiving.
- 11:00 - Cut off.
|Kids 3.2 km (U13)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|10 km (13 years +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current Student ID, Community Services Card, or aged 65+.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30 am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...