Sri Chinmoy Spring Blossom Marathon, Half Marathon,10km & Kids 3.2km
Events for all the family in a safe, beautiful, parkland setting!
About the event
- 7:15am - Marathon/Half Marathon registration opens
- 8:00am - Marathon start
- 8:15am - 10km and Children's 3.2km registration opens
- 8.30am - Half Marathon start
- 9:00am - 10km and Children's 3.2km start
- 9:30am - Children's prizegiving
- 10:30am - Half Marathon and 10km prizegiving
- 1:00pm - All races cut off
- Event Options: Marathon Run, Half Marathon Run/ Walk, 10km Run/Walk, Children's 3.2km Run/Walk
- Start Times: Marathon 8.00am, Half Marathon 8.30am, 10km & Children's 3.2km 9.00am
- The course All races use a scenic 3.2km loop in Hagley Park South.
- Registration/ Start/finish area will be inside the park about 300m south of the Riccarton roundaboat along Deans Avenue.
- Kilometres will be marked.
- Half Marathon and 10km runners must count their own laps.
- There will be an aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- A race briefing will be held at the start line five minutes prior to event start.
- The cut-off time for all races is 1.00 pm
- Online entries close at 9pm on Friday 22nd September.
- On the day entries are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- Registration opens 45 minutes before your event (or from 7:15am onwards).
- All races are open. Medals and prizes are awarded to placegetters.
- All participants to receive a certificate.
- There will also be a spot prize draw.
- Breakfast provided by The Lotus-Heart Restaurant (link is external) is available from 9:30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants.
- Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $7.
- Results, photos and a race report will be posted online after the event.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...