Cherry Blossom Marathon, Half Marathon,10 km & Kids 2.2 km
Events for all the family in a safe and beautiful parkland setting.
About the event
Join us for a friendly and well-supported marathon event held under the blossoming cherry trees in North Hagley Park.
- The registration area and start/finish line is by Victoria Lake in North Hagley Park, Christchurch.
- Parking is available in the Botanic Gardens carpark - access from the Armagh Street bridge.
- The course is a flat, certified 2.6 km loop using pathways inside Hagley Park.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- Strollers are permitted.
- Please be aware that the park will be open to the public during the event.
- 42.2 km Marathon (ages 17+)
- 21.1 km Half Marathon (ages 15+)
- 10 km (ages 14+)
- Kids 2.2 km (ages 13 and under)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.2 km race at no extra charge.
- 07:15 - Marathon and Half Marathon registration opens
- 08:00 - Marathon start
- 08:15 - 10 km and Kids 2.2 km registration opens
- 08:30 - Half Marathon start
- 09:00 - 10 km and Kids 2.2 km start
- 09:30 - Kids prizegiving
- 10:30 - Half Marathon and 10 km prizegiving
- 12:30 - Marathon prizegiving
- 13:00 - Races cut-off (no official time given for finishers completing the course after this time)
|Kids 2.2 km (13 and under)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|10 km (14 years +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
|Half Marathon (15 years +)||$35||$40||$35||+$5|
|Marathon (17 years +)||$55||$60||$55||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, community services card, or aged 65 and over.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30 am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...