Cherry Blossom Marathon, Half Marathon,10 km & Kids 2.5 km
Events for all the family in a safe and beautiful parkland setting.
About the event
COURSE CHANGE 10/09/20: Due to City Council restrictions we have had to change the course slightly. We will be using a 2.5 km loop within North Hagley Park instead of a 2.6 km loop. The finish area is still at Victoria Lake. See the new course map.
COVID-19 UPDATE 06/09/20: This event will go ahead with a maximum of 100 participants, unless the local or national alert level changes to level 3 or 4, in which case it will be cancelled as per government restrictions.
Join us for a friendly and well-supported marathon event held under the blossoming cherry trees in North Hagley Park.
- The registration area and start/finish line is by Victoria Lake in North Hagley Park, Christchurch.
- Parking is available in the Botanic Gardens carpark - access from the Armagh Street bridge.
- The course is a 2.5 km loop using pathways inside Hagley Park. See course map.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- Strollers are permitted.
- Please be aware that the park will be open to the public during the event.
- 42.2 km Marathon (ages 17+)
- 21.1 km Half Marathon (ages 15+)
- 10 km (ages 14+)
- Kids 2.5 km (ages 13 and under)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.5 km race at no extra charge.
- 07:15 - Marathon and Half Marathon registration opens
- 08:00 - Marathon start
- 08:15 - 10 km and Kids 2.5 km registration opens
- 08:30 - Half Marathon start
- 09:00 - 10 km and Kids 2.5 km start
- 09:30 - Kids prizegiving
- 10:30 - Half Marathon and 10 km prizegiving
- 12:30 - Marathon prizegiving
- 13:00 - Races cut-off (no official time given for finishers completing the course after this time)
|Kids 2.5 km (13 and under)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|10 km (14 years +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
|Half Marathon (15 years +)||$35||$40||$35||+$5|
|Marathon (17 years +)||$55||$60||$55||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, community services card, or aged 65 and over.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30 am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.