Sri Chinmoy 8km Southshore Estuary Evening Race
A flat, fast trail along the Southshore Estuary.
About the event
Run along the picturesque Southshore Estuary on easy hard packed/stone trail. This race is in the evening and the tide will be in. Sunset is at 9pm, leaving us plenty of evening light to enjoy a run by the water. Followed by a vegetarian sausage sizzle.
- 8 km (ages 13 +)
- Kids 2.0 km (ages under 13)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.0 km race at no extra charge.
- The registration area and start/finish line is by the parking lot of the Pleasant Point Yacht Club. There is a small amount of parking available there, also in the surrounding streets.
- The course is a 4 km out and back course on mixed terrain including grass, boardwalk, and gravel paths.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horleys Replace electrolyte drink.
- Please note that due to the off-road nature of this course, all distances are approximate.
- 17.00 - Registration and race number collection opens
- 17.55 - Race briefing at the start line
- 18.00 - All races start
- 18.30 - Kids race prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 19.30 - 7.5 km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 20.00 - All races cut off
|Kids 2.5 km (ages under 13*)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|8.0 km (ages 13 +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
*Please note that children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, community services card, or aged 65+.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race sausage sizzle with hot and cold drinks is available from 19.30 am. This is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to join us for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...