Sri Chinmoy 8km Southshore Estuary Evening Race
A flat, fast trail along the Southshore Estuary.
About the event
Run along the picturesque Southshore Estuary on easy hard packed/stone trail. This race is in the evening and the tide will be in. Sunset is at 9pm, leaving us plenty of evening light to enjoy a run by the water. Followed by a vegetarian sausage sizzle.
- 8 km (ages 13 +)
- Kids 2.0 km (ages under 13)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.0 km race at no extra charge.
- The registration area and start/finish line is by the parking lot of the Pleasant Point Yacht Club. There is a small amount of parking available there, also in the surrounding streets.
- The course is a 4 km out and back course on mixed terrain including grass, boardwalk, and gravel paths.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horleys Replace electrolyte drink.
- Please note that due to the off-road nature of this course, all distances are approximate.
- 17.00 - Registration and race number collection opens
- 17.55 - Race briefing at the start line
- 18.00 - All races start
- 18.30 - Kids race prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 19.30 - 7.5 km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 20.00 - All races cut off
|Kids 2.5 km (ages under 13*)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|8.0 km (ages 13 +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
*Please note that children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, community services card, or aged 65+.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race sausage sizzle with hot and cold drinks is available from 19.30 am. This is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to join us for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.