Sri Chinmoy Waimairi Beach Challenge
A fun, family-friendly race at Waimairi Beach.
About the event
Join us for a fun and family-friendly event at the beach! Test your calf muscles on the sand and dune trails at Waimairi Beach and Bottle Lake Forest.
- Sunday 25 March 2018
- 8:00 am: 22km
- 9.00 am: 12km & Kids 2.5km
ContactVajin Armstrong (race director)
- 22km (ages 17 and over)
- 12km (ages 14 and over)
- Kids 2.5km (ages 13 and under)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.5km race at no extra charge.
- The registration area is at Broad Park just north of the children's adventure playground. The start line is on the beach next to the Waimairi Beach Surf Club.
- The course heads north along the beach and returns on the Pegasus Bay Walkway trail. The 22km course reaches the Waimakariri River mouth, and the 12km course turns back at Spencer Park Surf Club. All races finish back at the registration area.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- Please be aware that the course will be open to the public during the event. The trails are popular with mountain bikers, so we ask that you be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Please note that due to the off-road nature of this course, all distances are approximate.
- 7:15am - 22km registration and race number collection opens
- 7:55am - race briefing at the start line (on the beach next to the Waimairi Beach Surf Club)
- 8:00am - 22km race starts
- 8:15am - 12km and Kids 2.5km registration and race number collection opens
- 8:55am - race briefing at the start line
- 9:00am - 12km and Kids 2.5km races start
- 9:30am - kids race prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 10:30am - 22km and 12km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 11:30am - all races cut off
|Kids 2.5km (U14)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|12km (14 years+)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
|22km (17 years+)||$25||$30||$25||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current Student ID, Community Services Card, or aged 60+.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...