Sri Chinmoy Waimairi Beach Challenge
Fun off-road beach/trail race!
- Event Options: 22km, 12km, Children's 2.5km Race
- Start Times: 22km 8.00am, 12km & Children's 2.5km 9.00 am
- The course: Please note that due to the nature of this off-road course all distances are approximate.
- Location: Broad Park, Waimairi Beach, Christchurch View Map
- All races start at Broad Park by the Waimairi Beach surf club and run out along the beach, returning on mixed terrain. (sandy/gravel) tracks through Spencer Park and Bottle Lake Forest.
- The 22km will reach the Waimakariri River Mouth and the 12km will reach the Spencer Park Surf Club.
- A race briefing will be held at the start line five minutes prior to event start.
- There will be an aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- The cut-off time for all races is 11.30am.
- Online entries close on Friday 23rd March at 11.59pm
- On the day entries are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts
- Registration and race number collection opens 45 minutes before your event (or from 7:15am onwards)
- All races are open. Medals are awarded to placegetters.
- All participants receive a certificate.
- There will also be a spot prize draw.
- Breakfast provided by The Lotus-Heart Restaurant (link is external) is available from 9:30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants.
- Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- Results and photos will be posted online after the event.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...