16th Sri Chinmoy 6-12-24 Hour Track Races
N.Z. 24-Hour Track Championship
N.Z. Centurion Walkers Qualifying Event
Sri Chinmoy 24-Hour Race ...... 9.00 am Sat 05 Oct. 2013
Sri Chinmoy 6-Hour Race ........ 9.00 am Sat 05 Oct. 2013
Sri Chinmoy 12-Hour Race ...... 9.00 pm Sat 05 Oct. 2013
Sri Chinmoy 12-Hour Teams ... 9.00 pm Sat 05 Oct. 2013
Scroll for Details ...
How far can you run or run/ walk in 6, 12 or 24 hours?
You can run, walk, eat, drink, take small breaks for massage rest etc ... but ultimately, it is up to you to set your goals, challenge impossibility, discover your own potential and embrace what you are capable of achieving and becoming in 6, 12 or 24 hours!
Become a Centurion
How far can you walk in a day?
Can you join the elite few that have become New Zealand Centurions by walking 100 miles (161 km) in a day in front of New Zealand Centurions Walking Club officials.
12 Hour 4-Person Teams Event
How far can your 4 person team go in 12 hours?
- Gather your friends and make up a 4 person relay team.
- Bring along family members & supporters and set up a trackside tent.
- Have fun running/ walking and cheering each other along as your team clocks up as many kilometres as possible in 12 hours.
- Each runner or walker must complete at least 1 hour per stint.
- We will provide personal lap counters, hourly scoreboard updates and all your individual & team tallys, plus
- A wide range of FREE, yummy, hot & cold food, snacks & beverages including Replace electrolyte replacement drinks.
- Need extra runners to make up a team or want to join a team?
Contact us withn your details and we will put you into a teams pool and help make it happen!
Sovereign Stadium Facilities:
- Sovereign Stadium (within the Millennium Institute of Sport and Fitness) has a standard, floodlit, synthetic, 400 metre athletics track.
- The stadium facilities include modern spacious, easi-access change rooms & hot showers.
- Trackside tents are allowed during the event ... for quick access to your gear.
- It is fine to set up your tent on Friday between 11.00 am & 5.00 pm ... but please note that the stadium is locked each evening so camping-over on Friday night is not permitted.
|3 24-Hr Champs! Dhiraja McBryde (1) 2003/4, Michael Simons (2) 1999, Carolynn Tassie (21) 2002-6|
Support For Competitors:
- Personal lap counters, hourly scoreboard updates and split times for 50k, 100k, 150k, 100mile & 200k.
- A wide variety of nutritious easy to digest hot and cold food ... including yummy nibbles and snacks.
- Hot and cold drinks including Replace electrolyte drink ..... plus lots of friendly support and encouragement.
- Expert massage for tired muscles.
- Richard Tout Perpetual Trophy for first place 24 Hour men's open category
- Sandra Barwick Perpetual Trophy for first place 24 Hour women's open category
- Trophies for first 3 men/ women open place-getters - individual 6, 12 & 24 hour races
- Trophies for men/ women age group winners in 50-59, 60-69 & 70 + categories - individual 6, 12 & 24 hour races
- Finisher medallions and achievement certificates for individuals in 6, 12 & 24 hour races
- Medallions for winning 12 hour team members and achievement certificates for all team participants
Entry Fees - Individual Races:
- 6 Hour $90 ... [T-shirts add $25 each]
- 12 Hour $130 ... [T-shirts add $25 each]
- 24 Hour $200 ... [Includes T-Shirt]
Entry Fees - 12 Hour Teams:
- 4 Person 12 Hour Relay $180 [4X$45] ... T-shirts add $25 each
Entry cut-off is strictly 11.59 pm Wednesday 25 September 2013
Phone: + 64-9 (09) 6209 747 or + 64-9 (09) 3093 437
Race Director: Simahin Pierce
aucklandsrichinmoyraces [dot] org (EMAIL)
Past Results, Reports & Photos
Sri Chinmoy 24 Hour
- Men's 24 Hour record: 224.800 km - Ian Curtis, 1997
- Women's 24 Hour record: 222.222 km - Carolynn Tassie, 2004
- Men's 24 Hour walking record: 182.648km - Peter Bailley, 2005
- Women's 24 Hour walking record: 176.728 km - Carol Baird, 2001
Sri Chinmoy 12 Hour
- Men's 12 Hour record: 134.799 km - Shaun Cooper, 2005
- Women's 12 Hour record: 125.200 km - Winnie Cosgrove, 1999
- Men's 12 Hour walking record: 97.940 km - Andrew Shelley, 2010
- Women's 12 Hour walking record: 103.500 km - Sandra Brown, 1999
Sri Chinmoy 6 Hour
- Men's 6 Hour record: 74.000 km - Shaun Cooper, 2005.
- Women's 6 Hour record: 68.400 km - Winnie Cosgrove, 1999
- Men's 6 Hour walking record: 50.900 km - Peter Bailley, 2005
- Women's 6 Hour walking record: 54.300 km - Sandra Brown, 1999
Sri Chinmoy 12 Hour Teams Relay
Running Teams Record
- 'The Tumbleweeds' 158.000 km - (North Shore Bays Athletic & Sports Club 'The Cougars') 2000
Race-walking Teams Record
- 'The Over 200 Club' 119.118 km - (Auckland Walkers) 2010