Sri Chinmoy Sumner 10km, 5km & kid's 2.5km
A fun family-friendly event held four times a year.
About the event
Safe, well organised run or walk along the scenic coastline - Scroll for EVENT DETAILS ...
- Location: Registration area is at the far end of Sumner Esplanade by the clock tower.
- Course: a flat accurate 2.5km out-and-back along the lovely oceanside esplanade.
- Event Options: 10km (15yrs+), 5km (13yrs+), 2.5km (under 13yrs)
- Parking is available along the Esplanade road.
- Registration opens at 8:15am.
- A Race briefing will be held at the start line at 8:55am.
- The cut-off time for all races is 11:00am.
|Event||Under 20 or
|Kids 2.5km (U13)||$7||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|5km (13 years+)||$14||$18||$14||+$5|
|10km (15 years+)||$14||$18||$14||+$5|
- Online entries close at 9pm on the Friday before the event.
- On the day entries are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All races are open. Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- A post-race breakfast provided by The Lotus-Heart Restaurant (link is external) is available from 9:30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $7.
- Results, photos and a race report will be posted online after the event.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre. Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.