Pegasus Bay Classic 13 km & Kids 3 km Trail Races
Fun off-road trail races for all the family!
- The registration area and start/finish line is at Broad Park next to the Waimairi Beach Surf Club, just north of the children's adventure playground.
- The course heads north along the Pegasus Bay Walkway and returns on soft trails through Bottle Lake Forest.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horleys Replace electrolyte drink.
- Please be aware that the course will be open to the public during the event. The trails are popular with mountain bikers, so we ask that you be aware of your surroundings and for safety reasons do not wear headphones.
- Please note that due to the off-road nature of this course, all distances are approximate.
- 13 km (ages 14 and over)
- Kids 3 km (ages 13 and under)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 3 km race at no extra charge.
- 08:15 - registration and race number collection opens
- 08:55 - race briefing at the start line
- 09:00 - all races start
- 09:30 - kids race prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 10:30 - 13 km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 11:00 - all races cut off
|Kids 3 km (U14)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|13 km (ages 14 +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, community services card, or aged 65 +.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30 am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...