Sri Chinmoy 30 km, 10 km & Kids 2.5 km Races
A fun, family-friendly event in the beautiful North Hagley Park.
About the event
Join us for our first races of the year! Fun, friendly and well-organized events for the whole family in North Hagley Park, Christchurch.
The 30 km event is well-known as an excellent preparation for the Buller Gorge Marathon.
- The registration area and start/finish line is by Victoria Lake in North Hagley Park, Christchurch.
- Parking is available in the Botanic Gardens carpark - access from the Armagh Street bridge.
- The course is a flat, certified 2.5 km loop using pathways inside Hagley Park.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- Strollers are permitted.
- Please be aware that the park will be open to the public during the event.
- 30 km (ages 17+)
- 10 km (ages 14+)
- Kids 2.5 km (ages 13 and under)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.5 km race at no extra charge.
- 07:15 - 30 km registration and race number collection opens
- 07:55 - 30 km race briefing at the start line
- 08:00 - 30 km race starts
- 08:15 - 10 km and Kids 2.5 km registration and race number collection opens
- 08:55 - 10 km and Kids 2.5 km race briefing at the start line
- 09:00 - 10 km and Kids 2.5 km races start
- 09:30 - Kids race prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 10:30 - 30 km and 10 km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 11:30 - All races cut off
|Kids 2.5 km (U14)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|10 km (14 years +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
|30 km (17 years +)||$25||$30||$25||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, community services card, or aged 65 and over.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30 am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...