Self-Transcendence 30 km, 10 km & Kids 2.5 km Races
A fun, family-friendly event in the beautiful North Hagley Park.
About the event
Join us for our first races of the year! Fun, friendly and well-organized events for the whole family in North Hagley Park, Christchurch.
The 30 km event is well-known as an excellent preparation for the Buller Gorge Marathon.
- The registration area and start/finish line is by Victoria Lake in North Hagley Park, Christchurch.
- Parking is available in the Botanic Gardens carpark - access from the Armagh Street bridge.
- The course is a flat, certified 2.5 km loop using pathways inside Hagley Park.
- There will be one aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
- Prams/buggies are permitted.
- Please be aware that the park will be open to the public during the event.
- 30 km (ages 16 +)
- 10 km (ages 13 +)
- Kids 2.5 km (ages 12 and under)
- Parents or caregivers are welcome to accompany children in the 2.5 km race at no extra charge.
- 07:15 - 30 km registration and race number collection opens
- 07:55 - 30 km race briefing at the start line
- 08:00 - 30 km race starts
- 08:15 - 10 km and Kids 2.5 km registration and race number collection opens
- 08:55 - 10 km and Kids 2.5 km race briefing at the start line
- 09:00 - 10 km and Kids 2.5 km races start
- 09:30 - Kids race prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 10:30 - 30 km and 10 km prizegiving (time is approximate)
- 11:30 - All races cut off
|Kids 2.5 km (U13)||$10||N/A||N/A||+$5|
|10 km (13 years +)||$15||$20||$15||+$5|
|30 km (16 years +)||$25||$30||$25||+$5|
- Youth entry is valid for entrants aged under 20 years of age on race date.
- Concession entry for holders of current student ID, community services card, or aged 65 and over.
- Online entries are open until midnight the Friday before event date.
- On the day entries (cash only) are accepted with a $5.00 late entry fee until 15 minutes before the race starts.
- All events are open (no age groups).
- Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
- Certificates are available for all participants after the race.
- Results and race photos are uploaded to the website during the week after the event.
- A post-race breakfast is available from 9:30 am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
- The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
- Our races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A competitor at any Sri Chinmoy Race across the globe can be assured of the same high standard and quality of care.