Sri Chinmoy Auckland Series 2016 Half-Marathons 5-10k & Children's 2.5k
Safe, Scenic Setting ... Events For All The Family!
About the event
8 friendly, well organised events for all levels ... Join us for fitness, joy & self-transcendence!
- Race 1: Mt Roskill/ War Memorial Park: 03 Apr 2016
- Races 2-6: Auckland Domain: 08 May, 12 Jun, 10 Jul, 14 Aug & 11 Sep 2016
- Races 7-8: Mt Roskill/ War Memorial Park: 13 Nov & 04 Dec 2016
View more info. Races 7-8
Event Setting - Course Layout:
- Beautiful, peaceful parklands setting - runners and walkers at all levels of fitness are welcome.
- Fast, safe and accurate 'Jones-calibrated' 2.5 km course - distance markers every kilometre.
- Marshalls & helpers spread around the circuit ... lead cyclist to show you the way.
- Aid station with water & Replace electrolyte drinks available every 2.5 km. Lap counters provided for half-marathon participants [2:30 time limit - suit runners and race-walkers only].
Car Parking - Race Number Pick-Up - Gear Storage:
- There is plenty of free car parking in the Auckland Domain and adjacent streets.
- The registration tent & start/ finish area are next to the Auckland Domain cricket pavilion - enter via Carlton Gore Road.
- Race number pick up & entries on the day are from 7.00 am for all events.
- Secure clothing/ gear storage is available at the registration tent.
- Entries on the Day:
- Entries on the day are from 7.00 am
- Adults (all events) $35.00
- Youths (under 20) (all events) $30.00
- Children's 2.5k Race (Under 14) $10.00
- Cash or cheque only
All finishers will receive:
- Finisher certificates with accurate times.
- Random spot prizes.
- Free, nutritious, yummy, post-race food and drinks
- Half-Marathon Awards - Trophies for 1st placed open men/ women, medals for 2nd & 3rd places plus, medals for 1st placed men/ women 50-59, 60-69 & 70+
- 10Km Awards - Trophies for 1st placed open men/ women, medals for 2nd & 3rd places & 1st placed men/ women 50+
- 5Km Awards - Medals for 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed open men/ women
- Complete race results and event photos will be posted on our website after each event.
Race Results & Photos:
- Complete race results and event photos will be posted on our website after each event.
Runners/ walkers please ensure you read this Health & Safety Check list:
Fit Enough to Complete Event:
Runners and walkers should be quite certain that they are fit enough and sufficiently well trained to complete these events. If you are unsure about your general health or fitness consult your family doctor before embarking on a training program. There are many running/ walking training programs available on the net ... contact us if you need any assistance.
Age Limits for Children & Young Adult Entries:
Whilst we encourage children and young adults to play sports and to be fit and active, research indicates that excessive participation in endurance sports by growing children and adolescents can lead to cumulative trauma of the muscles, joints and major vital organs. Therefore, we require 5 km entrants to be 12 years old, 10 km entrants to be 14 years and 21.1 km entrants to be 17 years of age. Children under 14 years of age are welcome to enter the 2.5 km run/ walk.
All participants are advised to bring adequate clothing and protection for changes in weather, rain gear, polyprop clothing, gloves, sun hats, sunglasses, sunscreen etc. Supervision of Children: Children not participating are welcome providing they are supervised at all times by an adult.
Supervision of Children:
- Children not participating are welcome providing they are supervised at all times by an adult.
Car Parking: Runners and walkers may park in the free public car parking provided at the Auckland Domain and adjacent roadways.
Pre Race Safety Briefing:
There will be a safety briefing for runners and walkers at the start line. No Road Closures ...
Normal Road Rules Apply:
- There are no road closures for this event so runners and walkers should remain vigilant, obey normal pedestrian road rules and expect traffic at all times.
- Auckland Domain roadways are usually very quiet on Sunday mornings. However, runners and walkers should constantly be on alert and follow all directives from the traffic safety marshals.
- Runners and walkers must follow the indicated channeling of the cones where necessary.
- Walkers should walk no more than two abreast and keep single file/ to the left on narrower sections of the course to allow runners to pass safely.
Stay Hydrated During Event:
Runners and walkers should ensure that they keep hydrated during the event. Cups of water and electrolytes drinks will be handed out every 2.5 km adjacent to the registration/ finish area.
First Aid/ Emergencies:
A first aid kit will be located in the information/ registration tent. Participants should report any incidents or distressed persons to the nearest safety marshal. Safety marshals will direct participants to the information/ finish area for minor medical emergencies and report any distressed participants, incidents or emergencies to the chief safety officer or the race director.
Withdrawal of Exhausted or Distressed Participants:
If any participant becomes distressed or exhausted- the chief safety officer or race director shall withdraw that person from the event.
Childrens 2.5 km Race - Sri Chinmoy Mid-Year Series 2015
- The 2.5 km run/ walk is to foster children's participation and fitness ... and is open to children under 14 years ... at all levels.
- Start/ finish is by the Auckland Domain cricket pavilion ... start time is 7.45 am.
- The course is one lap of the accurately calibrated 2.5k Aucland Domain course ... see map.
- All participants to receive finisher certificates with accurate times, plus yummy, post race food and drinks.
- A lead cyclist will show the way and safety marshals will be located around the course.
- Parents, please ensure that you read the health and safety instructions.
- Online Entries: Online Entry Fee $8.00 ... see above
- Entries on the Day are also available between 7.00 am - 7.40 am Sunday mornings ... Auckland Domain cricket pavilion ... off Carlton Gore Road.
- A parent must be present to sign the entry form
- Entry fee on the day is $10.00
- Family Rates: 2 Children $15.00; 3 Children $20.00)
- Cash or cheque only
Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon
- Men: 1.17.16 Graham Moore 42, (2006)
- Women: 1.19.57 Nyla Carrol 39, (2005)
Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon (Race-walking)
- Men: 1.38.59 Tony Sargisson 30, (2005)
- Women: 2.09.20 Alana Barber 22, (2009)
Sri Chinmoy 10 km Race
- Men: 34.39 Tony Edmonds 30, (2011)
- Women: 39.14 Lisa Robertson 25, (2008)
Sri Chinmoy 5 km Race
- Men: 17.10 Vajin Armstrong 24, (2004)
- Women: 17.17 Holly van Dalen 24, (2013)
Children's 2.5 km Race (Under14)
- Girls: 9.59 Isabel Allen 12, (2016)
- Boys: 10.56 Luc Quesnel 9, (2016)
Children's 1.5 km Race (Under14)
- Girls: 5.51 Katie Heaven 13, (2015)
- Boys: 6.10 Thomas Reid 12, (2012)
2016 Sep 11thSri Chinmoy Half Marathon 5-10k & Children's 2.5k ... Auckland Domain
Photos Shortly ...
An awesome, mild, sunny-spring day greeted the the runners and walkers who participated in race 6 of the Sri Chinmoy 'Auckland Series 2016' ... held at the Auckland Domain on Sunday.
Henry Somerville (1.28.38) was victorious in the Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon ... ahead of Matthew Hopper (1.29.36) and Malcolm Chamberlin (1.40.24).
Jacqueline Eastman (1.37.52) comfortably won the woman's half ... followed by of Kathy Harding (2.03.22) and 16 year old rookie Emma Keall (2.54.04).
David Kung (40.01) achieved first place in the Sri Chinmoy 10k Race ... from Oscar Jacobsohn (46.15) and Chris Taylor (56.25).
Maureen Sutherlan (50.35) won the women's 10k ... from 2nd & third place-getters Liz Hardley (52.31) and Julia McElroy( 1.00.23).
Mark Carryer, (20.40) had another excellent victory win in the Sri Chinmoy 5k Race followed by Stephen Robb (21.09) and Travis Manning (23.34). 15 year old Katie Heaven was first in the woman's 5k (23.16) closely followed by 12 year old Holly Harding (23.23) and Helen Golding ( 26.42) .
Sophie Robb (10.27) won the Sri Chinmoy 2.5k Children's Race ( Under 14) ... followed by Charlotte Goldsmith (11.16) and younger sister Scarlett Robb (11.50).
Flynn Wilson (11.07) won the 2.5k boy's race.
2016 Aug 14thSri Chinmoy Half Marathon 5-10k & Children's 2.5k ... Auckland Domain
After a cold frosty night, a delightful, sunny winters' day greeted the runners and walkers who participated in race 5 of the Sri Chinmoy 'Auckland Series 2016' ... held at the Auckland Domain on Sunday.
Johan Kvasnicka (1.26.01) was victorious in the Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon ... comfortably ahead of Mike Rishworth (1.34.04) and Regan Hannett(1.34.45).
Naomi McRae (1.47.13) was the first woman ... followed by of Robyn Perkins (1.50.58) and Satomi Ito (1.55.30).
Jamie Billot (41.26) won the Sri Chinmoy 10k Race... from Noah Aubert (43.28) and Steve Sutton (44.49).
Sophie Azzi (46.45) repeated her July victory in the women's 10k ... from 2nd & third place-getters Maureen Sutherland (49.21) and Liz Hardley (52.08).
Mark Carryer, (22.04) had another fine win in the Sri Chinmoy 5k Race while Melanie Perry (24.32) placed first in the woman's 5k.
Peyton Leigh (10.46) was the outright winner of the Sri Chinmoy 2.5k Children's Race. Flynn Wilson (11.05) won the 2.5k boy's race.
2016 Jul 10thSri Chinmoy Half Marathon 5-10k & Children's 2.5k ... Auckland Domain
A chilly, breezy overcast mid-winters day heralded race 4 of the Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon 'Auckland Series' ... at Auckland Domain on Sunday.
Mark Patterson (1.22.07) had a fine victory in the Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon ... gradually easing away from runner-up David Chamberlain (1.24.33) ... followed by third place-getter Mike Rishworth (1.34.27).
Jacqueline Eastman (1.37.04) was the first woman ... comfortably ahead of Inna Ovodkova (1.48.47) and Kim Dirks (1.54.08).
Michael Robinson (38.30) was the Sri Chinmoy 10k Race winner ... from Roy Crisostomo (41.46) and James Gill (43.12). Sophie Azzi (46.28) won the women's 10k ... followed by Leanne Bellamy (49.54) and Winnie Lau (50.08).
Mark Carryer, (21.21) won the Sri Chinmoy 5k Race and Peyton Leigh 12, (23.18) was a repeat winner in the women's 5k.
Madelina Leigh 11, (10.28) ran a personal best to win the Sri Chinmoy 2.5k Children's Race ... closely followed by Holly Harding 12, (10.34) and Charlotte Goldsmith 10, (11.07). Flynn Wilson 8, (11.20) was the under 14 boy's 2.5k race winner.
2016 Jun 12thSri Chinmoy Half Marathon 5-10k & Children's 2.5k ... Auckland Domain
A mild early Winters day (incliding a touch of light rain towards the finish) heralded race 3 of the Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon 'Auckland Series' ... at Auckland Domain on Sunday.
In the Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon former N.Z 100k representative, Mark Bright (1.23.19), ran strong race, overtaking runner up Valentin Baron (1.23.19) and race leader Michael Robinson (1.23.19) in the final km, to achieve a very fine, hard fought victory.
Ingrid Morrison (1.47.20) was the first woman ... comfortably ahead of Jaime Stevenson (1.52.38) and Kathy Harding (1.58.43).
Mark Patterson (37.46) won the Sri Chinmoy 10k Race from Mark Blake (41.58) and Craig Rich (42.32). Natalie Radley (48.56) won the women's 10k ... followed by Natalie Radley (47.20) and promising teen rookie Tyler Barlett (48.21).
Peyton Leigh 12, (22.11) was the outright winner of the Sri Chinmoy 5k Race and Oliver Coponet, (23.30) won the Men's 5k.
Madelina Leigh 11, (10.50) won the Sri Chinmoy 2.5k Children's Race ... followed by Millie Clegg 10, (11.05) and Charlotte Goldsmith 10, (11.05). Dennis Wood 11, (11.07) was the boy' 2.5k race winner ... followed by Troy Billot 9, (13.40) and Joel Everett 8, (13.41).
2016 May 8thSri Chinmoy Half Marathon 5-10k & Children's 2.5k ... Auckland Domain
A mild cloudy Autumn day heralded race 2 of the Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon 'Auckland Series'... held at the beautiful Auckland Domain last Sunday.
David Chamberlain ran an excellent 1.24.05 to comfortably win the Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon ... followed followed by Ben Higgison (1.30.47) & Rupert Nelson (1.32.21). Rae Peters (1.40.58) was the first woman ... ahead of Tracy Benjamin (1.57.09) and Kathy Harding (2.01.33).
Michael Robinson (37.56) won the Sri Chinmoy 10k Race from visiting French triathlete Valentin Baron (39.29). Natalie Radley (48.56) won the women's 10k ... followed by Liz Hardie (52.25).
Mark Carryer 31, (19.41) and Peyton Leigh 12, (22.53) were victorious in the Sri Chinmoy 5k Race.
Isabel Allen 12, (9.59) set a course record in the inaugural Sri Chinmoy 2.5k Children's Race ... followed by Sophie Robb 9, (10.10) and Madelina Leigh 11, (10.30). Luc Quesnel 9, (10.56) sets the inaugural 2.5k boy's mark ... followed by Flynn Wilson 8, (11.54) and Liam Beasley 10, (12.00).
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...